Information We Collect Directly From You
We require you to register to use the App. To register, we will collect your name, email address, and log-in credentials. After registration, certain features of the App are available to all registered users (“Users”) (e.g., the wallet, credit score, and transaction monitoring) while other portions of the App are available only to members that subscribe to paid LifeLock services available at http://www.lifelock.com/services/ ("Members"). Users and Members are referred to collectively as "Customers."
You are required to provide us with some personal information to be able to use the functions offered in the App. The type of information and how much you provide to us is up to you and will depend on your desired interactions with the App. If you do not want us to use this information you should not download and use the App. Among other features, Customers may upload and store digital images of their cards (e.g., insurance, credit card, loyalty programs, etc.) into the wallet feature. LifeLock Members may also use our App to update their user profile, to request alerts and to email articles of interest. Other examples of information you may elect to share with us include:
- Contact information (in addition to your name and email address, which are required, you may provide your postal address and phone number)
- Identification numbers (e.g., driver’s license number)
- Social Security number
- Credit card and/or financial account data
- Loyalty card data, insurance card data, health club membership and any affinity or preference data
- Information about your transactions and information contained in receipts (e.g., credit card numbers, expiration dates, amount and method of payment, items purchased, merchant information)
- Descriptions, notes or tags that you add to your cards or receipts
- Photographs and images that you upload
- Any other information that you choose to provide to us
Information We Collect Automatically
We will track user interaction with our App. If you do not want us to collect this information from you, please do not use our App. Through various technologies (which may include cookies or similar files designed to work with mobile apps) we will collect:
- Device ID or alternative ID where required by the platform provider.
- Length of time spent on our App, what features you use, where you click within our App
- Location information
Information We Collect About You From Other Sources
We may obtain information about you from third party sources, such as the companies we work with to provide service to you (i.e., our service partners), affiliates, data aggregators or other public databases. We may combine the information that we collect about you from whatever source.
How Do We Use Your Information?
In general, we use your information to provide and improve our services, to communicate with you, for advertising, to send you offers and other promotional information, and for other related purposes. For example, we use your information, including your personal information (collectively, "information") for the following purposes:
- To provide our App and our services to you
- To respond to your requests, including your customer service inquiries
- For marketing and advertising purposes through various marketing channels, including, without limitation, sending you promotional emails, advertising our services on third party sites and social media platforms, direct mail, and App ads. We may use the information we collect about you and other targeting criteria to identify a range of goods and services that may be of interest to you. These offers may include targeted special offers for goods and services tailored to you that are offered by us, our affiliates, and non-affiliated third parties.
- For authentication and protection against identity fraud and identity theft
- To provide transaction monitoring, credit scores and related services
- To understand how you use our App (including features used most frequently), and to improve our App and our services
- If you opt-in, to send you SMS texts and/or alerts/push notifications about your account (for example, the information that we collect automatically from you enables us to determine where to send your push notifications)
- To send you emails related to your use of our App and the service in general, including service alerts
- For research and analytics
- As elsewhere described in this policy
- As we may notify you from time to time
- As permitted by law
Sharing Your Information
We do not sell your personal information to non-affiliated third parties for their own marketing purposes. We may share your information, including information that we collect directly from you, information that we collect about you from third parties, and information that we collect automatically, for the following purposes and with the following persons/entities:
- Service providers: such as entities that assist us with consulting, marketing, advertising, information technology, App usage analytics, and any other services that we use in our operations
- To affiliated entities: our affiliates may combine your information with information that they collect about you. Our affiliates may use your information (whether alone, combined with other information, or in the aggregate) for their everyday business purposes; as part of the services that they provide to you and to third parties relating to identity theft, identity fraud protection, credit visibility and credit decisioning; to market products and services to you (including through email); and to develop products or services
- To our business partners: where necessary to fulfill your requests or where you consent, we may share your information with our business partners, including reward and enrollment partners and through third party applications
- To a consumer reporting agency representative, to a credit reporting agency or to other organizations in order to obtain informational credit reports
- To law enforcement, government representatives or others where required by law
- To an insurance company
- To a representative of a payment verification service, financial institution, or credit card company
- In connection with the sale, purchase, merger, or reorganization
- When we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, safety of us or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved
- We also may share aggregate information about our users with third parties, including for various marketing purposes
Email a Friend
If you email an article to a friend, we do not collect or use that email address for any purpose.
What Choices Do I Have?
Notifications. You may have the option of receiving certain status alerts through push notifications and/or SMS text messages. If you choose to opt-in to receive these text messages, we will notify you when a status alert has been posted to your account, and you can log into your account and/or email to read the notification. You may cancel these notifications at any time by changing the settings in the App.
Email Advertising. You may receive marketing messages and materials from us or our affiliates. You may opt-out of the marketing emails by following the instructions in the email and/or by contacting us as noted in the "Contact Us" section below. If you opt-out of email marketing, please note that we may continue to contact you via email regarding your services; we also may continue to market to you through other marketing channels.
Links to Third Party Sites
We take reasonable security measures to protect the information that you submit and view through our App. Please note that no App is 100% secure, and you should implement certain measures (e.g., password protection) to assist in the protection of the personal information you upload and store on your device, including that which you choose to store in the wallet feature.
Access to Personal Information and Communication with LifeLock
If you would like to review the information that you have submitted to LifeLock, contact LifeLock at email@example.com or through phone/postal mail as noted in Contact Us. You may change/update your information by logging into your account and selecting “Update Account Information” or by contacting us directly.
Special Notice to California Consumers
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your Personal Information to third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. We may share your Personal Information with our affiliates for direct marketing, but we do not share it with unaffiliated third parties. You may request a list of our affiliates by contacting us at LifeLock, Attn.: Marketing, 60 East Rio Salado Parkway, Suite 400, Tempe, AZ. You may make one request per calendar year. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for your response. Please allow up to thirty (30) days for a response.