IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE POLICY, YOU MUST NOT USE THIS INTERNET WEBSITE (THE "WEBSITE"). LIFELOCK MAY MODIFY THE POLICY FROM TIME TO TIME AND POST THOSE MODIFICATIONS HERE AND ON THE HOMEPAGE OF THE WEBSITE. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THE WEBSITE AFTER ANY SUCH MODIFICATION CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE MODIFIED POLICY. EACH TIME YOU USE THE WEBSITE, THE LATEST VERSION OF THE POLICY WILL BE DISPLAYED AND WILL APPLY.
1. INFORMATION. LifeLock obtains information from and about you in a number of different ways, including:
A. General Information. Some information ("General Information") is gathered automatically when you access the Website. This General Information (which may include Website pages visited, type of web browser used, type of operating system, and the domain name of your Internet service provider, and similar information) does not identify you personally. LifeLock also uses log files as well as customer relationship management ("CRM") technologies to collect and analyze General Information and "Cookie Information" (as defined below).
B. Personal Information. Some information ("Personal Information") is not gathered automatically when you access the Website and instead is provided by you voluntarily. Personal Information is information that is identifiable as yours, including without limitation your name, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, driver's license number, Social Security number, and other personal information to verify your identity, as well as financial information such as your credit card number. You must provide Personal Information to LifeLock as part of the registration process if you wish to receive "Services" as defined in the LifeLock Membership Agreement ("Membership Agreement"). The following are some of the kinds of Personal Information you may choose to provide:
(i) Registration information. When you register at the Website, you will be required to provide certain Personal Information;
(ii) Third-party information. When you register at a third-party website, and provide Personal Information to such third parties, LifeLock may (pursuant to agreements between LifeLock and those third parties) obtain such information to populate LifeLock registration forms for use when you hyperlink to the Website; and
(iii) Email information. When you send LifeLock email messages or call LifeLock by telephone, LifeLock may retain the content of your email or telephone messages, together with your email address and LifeLock's response to you.
2. USE AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION. LifeLock uses and discloses your information as follows:
A. General Information. LifeLock uses and discloses General Information to understand Website demographics and content preferences, and may do so without notice to, or permission from, you or any third party. In particular, LifeLock may provide General Information about LifeLock members, sales, Website traffic patterns, and related information to LifeLock affiliates or third parties;
B. Personal Information. LifeLock shall protect your Personal Information from disclosure to third parties using a reasonable degree of care, and does not otherwise use or disclose your Personal Information except as follows:
(i) LifeLock may use your Personal Information and disclose your Personal Information:
(a) To a consumer reporting agency representative;
(b) In the course of providing Services (as defined in Membership Agreement);
(c) To law enforcement;
(d) To an insurance company;
(e) To a representative of a payment verification service, financial institution, or credit card company;
(f) To a consumer reporting agency or other organizations in order to obtain informational credit reports about you or a minor child for whom you have registered for Services; or
(g) To third-party service providers, such as administrators of a customer rewards program;
(ii) LifeLock may disclose your Personal Information to third parties for the purpose of developing, and providing to you information regarding, products and services that LifeLock believes will be of interest to you, but LifeLock shall not share, sell, rent or trade your Personal Information with third parties to promote the businesses of such third parties;
(iii) LifeLock may disclose your Personal Information to LifeLock affiliates for the purpose of administering or performing Services;
(iv) If you registered another person at the Website, LifeLock may share your Personal Information with that person;
(v) If you were registered by another person at the Website, LifeLock may share your personal information with that person;
(vi) LifeLock may use and disclose your Personal Information:
(a) In order to help investigate possible misconduct or crime, such as fraud or identity theft;
(b) In connection with the sale, purchase, merger, or reorganization of LifeLock; or
(c) When LifeLock believes it is necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of LifeLock or other persons, or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on LifeLock;
(vii) LifeLock may use and disclose your Personal Information to notify you about changes to the Website or LifeLock business, or new LifeLock services and special offers you may find valuable;
(viii) LifeLock may transfer your Personal Information to third parties for those parties to use to populate their own website registration forms when you hyperlink from the Website to their websites, in order to save you time in filling out their registration forms. Such third-party websites may include websites that are owned by third parties or that are "cobranded" sites of LifeLock; and
(xi) Any Personal Information you provide may also be collected by LifeLock's merchandise and service suppliers in order to process, bill, and fulfill your orders.
C. Cookie Information. LifeLock uses and discloses Cookie Information to improve the Website and better serve you and other members. LifeLock also uses Cookie Information to send you focused advertising, online banner advertisements, notices of new services and promotions, and to respond to your inquiries and otherwise assist you in your use of the Website.
3. SECURITY STANDARDS. The security of your Personal Information is important to LifeLock. LifeLock encrypts certain Personal Information using Secure Sockets Layer ("SSL") or other technology. If you have any questions about the security of your Personal Information or the security on the Website, you can send LifeLock an email at email@example.com. You understand and agree that perfect security does not exist anywhere, and you will therefore protect your Personal Information in a reasonable way at all times. Accordingly, you will not recklessly disclose or publish your Social Security number or any other Personal Information to those that would reasonably be expected to improperly use or disclose that Personal Information, such as, by way of example, in response to "phishing" scams, unsolicited emails, or pop-up messages seeking disclosure of Personal Information.
4. OPT OUT FROM FURTHER MARKETING FROM LIFELOCK. If you register at the Website, you may receive marketing messages and materials from LifeLock or LifeLock affiliates, including without limitation a "welcome" email. If you do not wish to receive such messages or materials, you may notify LifeLock of your preference by following the instructions included in each communication, by emailing LifeLock at firstname.lastname@example.org, by contacting LifeLock at 1-800-LifeLock (543-3562), or by regular mail at LifeLock Member Services, 60 East Rio Salado Parkway, Suite 400, Tempe, AZ 85281. Regardless of any such notice from you, LifeLock may still contact you about Services for which you have registered.
5. CHILDREN'S PRIVACY. The Website is not intended for the use by anyone under the age of eighteen (18), other than as to minor children receiving Services from LifeLock through registration by their parent or legal guardian. Otherwise, LifeLock does not knowingly solicit and does not wish to receive any Personal Information from children.
7. TRUSTe. LifeLock, Inc. is a participant in the TRUSTe® Privacy Seal Program. TRUSTe is an independent organization whose mission is to advance privacy and trust in the networked world. As this Website wants to demonstrate its commitment to your privacy, it has agreed to disclose its information practices and have its privacy practices monitored for compliance by TRUSTe. If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, you should first contact LifeLock at email@example.com. If you do not receive acknowledgment of your inquiry, or if your inquiry has not been satisfactorily addressed, you should then contact TRUSTe at http://www.truste.com/consumers/watchdog_complaint.php. TRUSTe will then serve as a liaison with LifeLock to resolve your concerns.